- 1/3 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Marshmallow of choice
Graham cracker crust
- Make the pie crust according to the instructions provided in link. *Either divide equally in choice of mini pie trays or just use one round pie pan. I divided it in 6 equal mini pie trays.
- Mix your sugar, flour, salt, cocoa, eggs and milk in a small pot with a whisk over medium heat.
- Cook while stirring until it bubbles and thickens, about five to 10 minutes. By then it should have the consistency of chocolate pudding, if not continue whisking until it thickens. *It won’t get any thicker once it’s in the oven.
- Remove from heat and stir in your vanilla and butter.
- Divide the pie filling accordingly into your pie crusts being careful not to overfill them.
- Line the top with marshmallows. (If you’re making mini tarts I would suggest using small marshmallows, if you’re making one big pie, then use bigger marshmallows.
- Broil top of the pie(s) for no more than 20 seconds. WATCH IT LIKE A HAWK.
- Refrigerate until ready to be served at room temperature.
Posted on Tuesday 27 March 2012.
2 years ago.